FIRE OFFICIALS HIGHLIGHT THE IMPORTANCE OF CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS
11/2/2018 1:00:55 PM


Ontario's Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week is on and fire officials are reminding you to check your home by getting all fuel-burning appliances inspected annually.

They recommend you install CO alarms in your home if you have a fuel-burning appliance, a fireplace or an attached garage.

CO is known as the silent killer because it is an invisible, tasteless and odourless gas that can be deadly.

Exposure to CO can cause flu-like symptoms such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, as well as confusion, drowsiness, loss of consciousness and even death.

If your CO alarm sounds, and you or other occupants suffer from symptoms of CO poisoning, exit the building immediately and call 911.    

Back to News









Copyright 2015 ShorelineToday.ca. All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive